I forgot my password.

XBOX DRM Gone!

Superdupregg

So Microsoft caved right?

208 Replies

Alacaie

news.xbox.com/2013/06/update oh yeah.

ReservoirDog

Not surprised, everyone was bitching about it when we are months away from the release date.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

That fuckin' sucks. They ruined all that was good about it and just made a 360 2.

ReservoirDog

@SpongeyGString: What was good about the DRM?

Superdupregg

haha Bitching of the masses paid off

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@ReservoirDog: The removal of all this means the ability to share games over the cloud is out the window too.

Eddie

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

It's gone. Family sharing is fucking gone. Fuck haters, I'm so mad, we had such a great thing going on and now it's gone. Just because of people who HAVE internet connection but are BITCHES about it. Good work guys! You fucked next-gen.

This is now another 360. I didn't sell my 360 to buy another fucking 360.

ReservoirDog

@SpongeyGString: I don't use the cloud so I guess that doesn't really matter to me.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Eddie: I agree with all of that (save the selling bit).

ReservoirDog

@Eddie: And the PS4 is just another PS3. :(

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@ReservoirDog: The PS4 never tried to innovate in the first place. That's why it was so much more popular.
It's the same reason CoD continues to be the highest grossing game year after year.

Superdupregg

@SpongeyGString: Thats an interesting point

Eddie

I wonder if we bitch like the rest of the internet, we can get the old policies back?
CHAT Image
Well now all hope is gone. No more cheaper games and no more family sharing. Now there is nothing next-gen about it. It's just another 360.

@SpongeyGString: I personally didn't sell mine. That was for my bros who did, because I know a lot of people who did.

• +1
SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Eddie: I'm genuinely disappointed with gamers right now. What it could have been...

CrazyJoe

@Eddie: There was never cheaper games for the xbox one, they even announced that it would stay at $60.

Mike

OVERLORD

@Eddie:
Games were not going to be cheaper anyways.

LaughingMan9

Son of a fucking whore.

Eddie

Also I have one more thing I would like to ask:

How many times have you lent a disk to over 10 different people? I doubt anyone has, and if they have it was probably a rare thing.

My point is there was no reason to bitch in the first place. Family sharing was the best thing to ever happen to console gaming and now it's gone. Also now there is no hope that the price of games will ever get cheaper.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@CrazyJoe: They announced that at launch they would be $60. That was subject to change prior to that.

darkjungle

@Eddie: But the games will be cheaper. If you buy them used.

Eddie

@Mike:

I know at first they weren't, but without the used game market it was definitely a possibility. It also could have been the model for some games on Steam where they start off the same price, but are able to drop prices rapidly. Now any hope for that is gone.

LaughingMan9

@Eddie: Last time I lent someone a disk I never saw the fucker again. There went my CoD4 and my Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Fuck all of this.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@darkjungle: You're missing the point completely. I'd much rather buy a new game for slightly less than a scratched-as-fuck disc for half.

Eddie

@Mike:
Also now your achievement ring idea is out the window!

sorry if I'm spamming. I'm just kinda mad right now.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Eddie: I feel you, bro.
This really sucks.

Mike

OVERLORD

@Eddie:
I know. I'm pretty sad about that.

Tereall

WELP

Acetal

@Mike: They might have been. It might have been like steam where it sucked at first but then got better

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

I can't believe they did this. There's now no reason to get an Xbox 1 other than a graphics upgrade (which gamers generally aren't too bothered about) and a slight performance boost. All doing this accomplished is it mean the PS4 costing less is actually an important factor as they're pretty much identical now.

GarrettRainboom

LOL

KorporalKitty

PAM

now the xbox one is practically a 360 with a bluray player and kinect

God damnit, the whiney ass internet ruined the best thing about the Xbox One. If the internet was around back when cars were invented we'd all still be riding horses because of people who can't move to the future. Fuck you internet.

aWSOMN360

This is why people who didnt like the XBone changes should've just kept their opinions to themselves and bought a ps4 instead of ruining it for those of us who didnt mind DRM.

Deleted user

yay i might consider it now

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@MadBadCoyote: Shut the fuck up. It's people like you that caused this.

And you know what really sucks? The people who bitched about all these things that they fixed are going to completely ignore this and keep bitching.

aWSOMN360

@MadBadCoyote: Go die in a well.

KorporalKitty

PAM

Via reddit /r/gaming
CHAT Image
Huh. We can’t seem to load this image.
Huh. We can’t seem to load this image.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@The_Pariah: Precisely. Microsoft should have stuck with what they were doing and pleased the people who liked it rather than pulling a Sony and re-releasing the console with hardware upgrades.

darkjungle

@SpongeyGString: Or maybe they did it to get more pre-orders.

aWSOMN360

@darkjungle: preorders dont really matter, holiday season does.

ghostface

Reference

Reddit is still managing to circlejerk all over sony even though they just made an update which bricks systems

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@darkjungle: People who wanted a PS4 should have got a PS4, not asked Microsoft to make one instead of it's console.

LaughingMan9

@Korporal_kitty: Fuck r/gaming.

aWSOMN360

@LaughingMan9: Woah, they dont deserve to lose their virginity.

KorporalKitty

PAM

also this CHAT Image

LaughingMan9

@aWSOMN360: Touche.

aWSOMN360

@Korporal_kitty: They heard about are giant male orgy.

KorporalKitty

PAM

i don't care i am still getting which ever one my palls get

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Korporal_kitty: I'll still be getting this, It'll suck knowing how much better it could have been.

aWSOMN360

@Korporal_kitty: I think you know which one me and Conor are getting.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@aWSOMN360: You'll never spell my name right, will you?

ghostface

Reference

@Korporal_kitty:I pretty sure they is an EU law that means that the kinect has to be able to turn off in the EU

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString: H0w dqus sq3l1

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@ghostface: Microsoft (Major Nelson, to be specific) has said several times that it will be able to be disabled if the user wishes to do so.

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString: and if not you could always use a bread box.

Deleted user

@SpongeyGString:
sorry, but i see this as a positive thing

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@MadBadCoyote: So then, you excited for GHOSTS? It seems right up your alley.

Deleted user

@SpongeyGString:
?
I'm sorry but how does call of duty relate to this?

aWSOMN360

@MadBadCoyote: Why, if you have shit internet get a PS4, but dont cause cool features to be taken away for your convenience.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@MadBadCoyote: See my above post:
"The PS4 never tried to innovate in the first place. That's why it was so much more popular.
It's the same reason CoD continues to be the highest grossing game year after year."
It's people like you (who hate any and all kinds of innovation) that halt progress and ruin it for the rest of us.

darkjungle

@SpongeyGString: Why fix what ain't broke?

LaughingMan9

@darkjungle: Yea, we shoulda just stuck with steam engines.

aWSOMN360

@darkjungle: If everybody thought that way wed still be living in the dark.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@darkjungle: I could say the same about Microsoft's decision to revert to the standard console design. There was very little wrong with their ideas.

ghostface

Reference

I think this is starting to go in circles someone summarize

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@ghostface: Microsoft dun goofed.

LaughingMan9

@ghostface: tl;dr, Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

aWSOMN360

@LaughingMan9: I want to be damned the fuzzy way.

Deleted user

@SpongeyGString:
I just wouldn't have gotten the console because the restrictions would've been a bit too limited for me. I'm sorry the features you wanted are being taken away but I'm glad they took the restrictions away.

Jakalarf

im glad the DRM is gone but im still going to get a ps4 because im still a bit worried about Microsoft's future decisions.

Eddie

@MadBadCoyote:

THEN DON'T BUY THE FUCKING CONSOLE

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to ruin for everyone else.

All of you fucking idiots ruin everything. If you didn't like what the xbox was doing, you should have bought a PS4. Thanks for making the Xbox 360 2. Have fun wasting your money.

aWSOMN360

@Jakalarf: then why do you care about the drm, some of us wouldve enjoyed the features it gave us.

LaughingMan9

@Eddie: Easy Cujo. MadBad probably didn't even make a single comment in the last week.

CyroWolf

@Eddie: What the fuck is your problem? An opinion on something =/= them being the reason for it.

aWSOMN360

@CyroWolf: In this case it kind of the reason for it.

CyroWolf

@aWSOMN360: Microsoft changed their policies because of sales/preorders and Sony. I really doubt this entire thing came about because of whiny bitches on the internet.

Eddie

@LaughingMan9: Yes he did. In a thread about the same issue.
@CyroWolf: It's people like him that made it happen. The sad thing is that him and all his r/gaming friends are still having a circle jerk over the Xbox saying things like "Microsoft lost my respect for listening to their customers. I'm still sticking with the PS4 because they never tried to do this". It makes me mad because if you're not even going to buy an xbox in the first place no matter what changes they make, why do you have to ruin it for the people that wanted it? It also makes me mad because they refused to listen to anything. They rather have a physical disk that needs to be in your xbox to give to their friend, and they always say "I want to share games with my friend" but when you tell him that you can share the game with any 10 friends with no restrictions digitally they will completely ignore it. It's just a giant circle jerk that they had no reason getting into. Like I said if you wanted a PS4, just buy one, you don't need to complain about the xbox and ruin it for the people who wanted it. It also reminds me how people like him who protest anything Bioware are making that company go out of business and ruining that chances of another mass effect game ever being made, but that's a rant for a different day.

how can anyone say family sharing was the next best thing, bullshit if i want to share with a family member i let them play the game its as easy as that

Eddie

@CyroWolf:
The whiny bitches on the internet are the ones who refused to listen to anything and boycotted the xbox. I doubt the average person who doesn't browse the internet often was among the people leading petitions to not pre-order the xbox and participating in amazon polls about which console they are pre-ordering, and I bet a majority o people haven't even pre-ordered yet because most gamers can't drop $500 immediately, and there are a lot of people who have to wait until Christmas.

i dont think ppl are trying to stop innovation but microsoft forced it on everyone to fast and ppl just dont like that including me

darkjungle

@Eddie: CHAT Image

Eddie

@Skitts24:
Because the term "Family" was used loosely and just as a name. What it really was is that you can share your games with anyone digitally and with no disk instantly. I could authorize my friend in Australia as someone I want to share with and he could download and play it for free.

It was basically sharing w/o the disks.

Eddie

@darkjungle:
I could say the same with you and all the people who initially complained about it in the first place, so you have no room to talk.

Also I am dealing with it as I am still buying the xbox. I'm just mad that all the cool new advancements that truly made it "next-gen" are now gone.

ok i see why that can be a good thing but not being able to play a game offline is a problem and not being able to trade in games was also something i was shaking on as someone that doesnt have a alot of money to buy every new game i tend to buy a couple new games play them for 6 months and sell them and repeat the vicious cycle that is everyones addiction of gaming

Eddie

@Skitts24:
How did they force it on you?
There was no requirement saying you must buy the console. No law, no nothing.
It wasn't forced on you at all. Just don't buy it.

ok u got me there but they didnt have to add all these advancements and then put all these restrictions on us well then again maybe they had to but it doesnt seem all that necessary

forcep

BANNED

@Mike:that's what I was hearing :(

CyroWolf

@Eddie: Can you take a deep breath, please? And Bioware announced DA3, and some news about ME4 just came out. Madbad hasn't done anything except say that he didn't like the original X1 policies, and then everyone started being a cockbiting fucktard (I could've chosen better words here, but RvB is still fresh in my mind) towards him. And I haven't preordered a system yet (if I did, it would be the One, as my opinion has been the entire time), because like you said, I don't have $500 to drop at this very second. But please, calm down.

curious how rt, achievement hunter and internet box will react

aWSOMN360

@forcep: games had the possibility to be cheaper and wont go up like ps4 games are supposed to.

even tho i have a good internet connection and this wouldnt have affected me with the whole drm i just hate the whole no used games or used games with extra unnecessary fees also im not very comfortable with buying things digtally i prefer physical i realize i am in the minority in this community

Eddie

@CyroWolf:
Why do I have to calm down, but the people who were having a circle jerk all over the Xbox and caused this in the first place don't?

Anyway I'm not even worked up or anything. I guess it just seems that way because this is all text and you can't tell my tone over the internet.

aWSOMN360

@CyroWolf: Dude, its the internet. If were not fighting constantly people we'll get bored and leave.

CyroWolf

@Skitts24: I prefer physical as well.

aWSOMN360

@Skitts24: the used game fee made it s games could be cheaper and you could have the whole buy 1 have 10 thing.

I'm pleased to some extent but now some of the cool features are missing. I'm still more interested in the PS4 at this point but I think the gap between me buying these two consoles will be shorter now.

JohnStephen

Wow, you are the whiniest people I've ever met.

Boo hoo! Family sharing is gone!

So what? Only one person could access the library at a time anyway. Not only this, but they couldn't use online when doing so. Also, you couldn't play games at the same time.

I'd rather buy a pre-owned game anyway. Especially since there was no hope in hell that either the publishers or the retailers would sell the game cheaper. Their profit margins are already high, why lower them if people are going to pay the full $60?

And the point of "oh, developers had the choice of blocking pre-owned games". Not really, publishers had the choice. They're running a business and want to maximize their profits, they were not going to let you played pre-owned games.

Oh, and don't whine like little bitches. The people who didn't want this did something. All you are doing is picking on MadBad because he likes this.

Eddie

@JohnStephen:
And that is any different than a physical copy how?
Last time I checked a disk could only be played on one console at a time too.

JohnStephen

@Eddie:
I can lend more than one game at a time, and they could play online.

With this, only one person can access your library, without the option to play online.

You must be signed in to reply.