Sign in

I forgot my password.

IB Podcast Nominated for a Podcast Award

IceCube

Grand Wizard

The Internet Box has been nominated for a third year in a row. We're going three for three bitches! Note that the Rooster Teeth Podcast, The Patch, and Screen Play have also all been nominated in their respective categories (Best Video Podcast, Gaming, Movies/Film). Daily voting starts March 4th.
10th Podcast Awards

81 Replies

B0r1ng

The Comedy Button is going down!

deadshadow

foking furry

@B0r1ng: fuck those pussies

IceCube

Grand Wizard

I love the guy's smirk when IB is mentioned.

Click to play

IceCube

Grand Wizard

Dis shit doesn't let me link with a time stamp. It's at [33:30].
Click to play

Parks

Ass To Ass

@deadshadow: CB's great dude.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Good luck to IB ❤️

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

OMG yes, Super Best Friendcast is nominated! Oh man, so is Giant Bombcast... I'm so conflicted! xD

B0r1ng

@absolutezilch: Just vote for IB.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@B0r1ng: You can vote across different categories, can't you?

The_Domain

@absolutezilch: No, please proceed with your preparations to vote for the Internet Box Podcast.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@The_Domain: Same video at 1:05:17:
"Tuesday, we will start voting and you can vote for your favourite podcast in each category once a day."

The_Domain

@absolutezilch: Welp. We sure feel like the Elephant in the Room.

RIP in peace.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@The_Domain: RIP in peace? More like good riddance...

TenaciousTuttle

6/10 Art Guy

Win it for Monty, you incredible faggots you.

I miss you RWBY-senpai.

The_Domain

@TenaciousTuttle: Sorry for detracting from your point, but that statement could apply for the RT Podcast, even The Patch.

In any case, it might have been more appropriate not putting Monty into this.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@The_Domain: While you're right about it applying to either one of the affiliated podcasts, I get where TT's coming from. Monty seemed to be one of the few people in RT who would listen to the podcast outside of the people who are already on it. He even appeared on the IB panel a few years ago in the form of a pseudo-racist gag.

The_Domain

@absolutezilch: Correct. Sorry. Was just unsure if it was right to mention Monty, but it is not anyone's place to judge in something like that either. Sorry.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@The_Domain: No, you're absolutely right about the morality of milking someone's death for any sort of gain... either in notoriety or monetary
Ahem...
CHAT Image
but all I'm saying is... the podcast should of course, win on its own merit (and to possibly get monthly episodes from the crew?) but IMO it's cool to hear people talk about Monty even after his passing, regardless of the context it's in.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@absolutezilch: I hope they win so IB could get buried.

The_Domain

@absolutezilch: True. And it is amazing to know Monty will not be forgotten.

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

Cool, hopefully more Andrew stories

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Parks: You hope who wins?

To be honest, I'm surprised there aren't a lot of recognizable names for me in the 'General' category...

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I legit think Internet Box will win, they don't have the rooster teeth podcast to compete with.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@absolutezilch: Internet Box, they can win and walk away into the sunset.

Kingnicolas6

Shiiiet, Hello Internet was nominated in the same category. Considering IB will only have more episodes if they win, I'm definitely going to vote for IB, although I really like HI too.

B0r1ng

@Kingnicolas6: Who?

Kingnicolas6

@B0r1ng:

It's a podcast by Brady Haran and CGP Grey. CGP Grey is the guy that made the "Humans Need Not Apply" and the "The Lord of the Rings Mythology Explained" videos that they talked about in the RT Podcast. Brady Haran works on a bunch of YouTube channels like Numberphile and Periodic Videos. I have been a longtime viewer of their videos and have recently begun listening to their podcast.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Parks: Ah, yeah sure, sounds good to me.

B0r1ng

@Kingnicolas6: Who?

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Parks: this.

Kingnicolas6

@B0r1ng:
CHAT Image

Capt_Korea13

KimJungUn

WAIT WE'RE STILL ALIVE

Brofessional

god I hope IB wins

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

We need our war-cry

IceCube

Grand Wizard

IB is also going up against "Serial" in the 'General' category, which is the fastest downloaded podcast of all time (65 million downloads over 12 episodes).

AwYeah

@super_legit

I voted today. Did you?

deadshadow

foking furry

I forgot how to vote

Kingnicolas6

@IceCube:

Welp, we tried, everybody.

Jade

How does vote?

AwYeah

@super_legit

@EnlightenedOne: click the banner at the top of this very page

Kingnicolas6

The website won't even load.

Davnov

@Kingnicolas6: try right clicking and opening in a new tab.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@AwYeah: I did, gunna do it tommorow too.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Kingnicolas6: Keeping in mind the serial podcast hasn't advertised that they are on the podcast awards (as far as I know), it only have 12 episodes, they are doing it in seasons as well meaning they might not upload on a set timeframe, and I wouldn't even clasify it as a podcast since it is basically a episodic audiobook. Internet box has over 120 episodes, doesn't make them in seasons, has a very simple upload schedule, and (in my opinion) is an actual podcast.

Brofessional

voted as fuck

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Question for you guys, Who did you vote for outside the general catagory?

Brofessional

@oilfire30: just RT for anything they were in

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: RT for People's Choice and Best Video Podcast, Super Best Friendcast in Gaming, Comedy Bang Bang in Comedy.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@oilfire30: The Patch, Joe Rogan, Love Line, and This Week in Tech. Those are the only ones I remember.

AwYeah

@super_legit

I voted today. Did you?

IceCube

Grand Wizard

@oilfire30:
RT podcast for people's choice and best video podcast, The Patch for gaming, RT Screen Play for film and movies, Quirks and Quarks for science.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Guys if you can remember to, also vote for "Sleepy Cabin" under the "Mature" category when you're on the voting page. I really like those guys and as far as I'm aware, some of you do too...

i.e. the SleepyCabin crew are Stamper, PsychicPebbles, OneyNG, Ricepirate, Niall, JohnnyUtah, Spazkid.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@absolutezilch: Oh fuck, I didn't see them there. The Podcast is seriously one of my favourites.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Parks: I don't think they asked their fans to nominate them but some people must have nominated them in 'Mature" for shits and giggles. Yeah man, that podcast has become my medium of finding interesting people like Lyle McDouchebag...

Parks

Ass To Ass

@absolutezilch: His opinion on people who live in LA was pretty spot on in the most recent episode.

B0r1ng

@Parks: What was his opinion?

Parks

Ass To Ass

@B0r1ng: It was along the lines of "people who think they'll be successful without working for it."

B0r1ng

@Parks: That's pretty accurate for anyone who moves to live in LA.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Parks: Also the observations of:
1. People in LA are assholes but at least they usually keep to themselves.
2. People in LA are crazy about In-N-Out Burgers but Lyle thinks it sucks.
3. Corey says people in LA are crazy about avocado and Lyle says it's because they grow it there and they all seem to dislike avocado.

Personally, I don't know anything about LA or In-N-Out but I like avocado... especially in juice form.

B0r1ng

@absolutezilch: Avocado is nice, but I wouldn't say I'm crazy for it. That said, I'd rather eat one whole than mix it in anything. In-N-Out is nice too but it's just another fast food place that happens to be a bit better when it comes to burgers. Then again, I'm not from the nicer part of LA.

Kingnicolas6

I forgot to vote yesterday. If we lose by 1, it's my fault.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@absolutezilch: Liking In-N-Out and Avocado is a Southern California stereotype.

IceCube

Grand Wizard

@B0r1ng:
I like avocado in it's regular form, but avocado smoothies are fucking blessed. It's funny because it doesn't even taste like avocado, it's sweet.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@IceCube: A lot of veggies taste sweet when they're blended.

B0r1ng

@Parks: Well it's actually a fruit, so yeah. As for the sweetness, I don't know, but I would imagine a sweet avocado would suck.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I voted today, BUT DID YOU???

Parks

Ass To Ass

@B0r1ng: Well then.

AwYeah

@super_legit

Don't forget to vote

IceCube

Grand Wizard

Y'all slunts better have voted...

AwYeah

@super_legit

@IceCube: I voted today

IceCube

Grand Wizard

Make sure you guys are verifying your votes. So far I've had to do it 5 times. The email is probably sitting in your junkbox.

B0r1ng

@IceCube: You're a junkbox!

Parks

Ass To Ass

@B0r1ng: OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH get shit on IceCube!

IceCube

Grand Wizard

I got got.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@IceCube: I couldn't find a GIF of Turtle getting got. The internet has failed me.

AwYeah

@super_legit

Vote

IceCube

Grand Wizard

@Parks:
The internet didn't fail you, you failed yourself.

CHAT Image

Parks

Ass To Ass

@IceCube: I was searching for ten minutes, It probably exists but Google, Bing, and Yahoo didn't find one for me.

IceCube

Grand Wizard

Did y'all motherfuckers vote? I hope you did, because voting has closed. Either IB wins that third award or we all hang ourselves.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@IceCube: I voted ten or twelve times.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Parks: Validating your vote on your e-mail each time after voting is an annoying process. I did it about the same number of times.

You must be signed in to reply.